cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having issues starting the netbackup enterprise media manager

olukayode_okunu
Level 4

when i try to launch the admin console it keeps failing and reports the netbackup enterprise media manager serivce did not start. what can i do to rectify this problem.

N.B.

its running on windows and this only happend after creating space on the drive then restarted the server.

25 REPLIES 25

olukayode_okunu
Level 4

hi,

what will happen if i reinstall the master server alone the do a catalog restore

giri_b
Level 4

Hi

1. First Check whether there is enough free space in the drive where netbackup is installed.

2. If you are unable to ping then the db might have gone down due to corrupt logs. I had a similar problem but in Linux master. Try creating a new database instance and do a catalog recovery.

In LInux this is the way to fix it. Not sure about Windows.

1.Run /usr/openv/db/bin/dbsrv -f NBDB

You may get an error.

2. Create a new database instance. Use the following technote.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48469

Once you have created the DB you should be able to access the GUI without any error. Then go ahead with the Catalog Recovery.

Regards,

Giri.

olukayode_okunu
Level 4

hi,

after runnin the bprecover command am getting error" failed to recover nbdb on server".  where do i go from here?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tried to investigate this error? "no database information exists in vxdbms.conf"
Locate the file in <install_path>\VERITAS\NetBackupDB\data folder an check the contents.

See this TN for instructions to recreate vxdbms.conf: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69759

Try to start services after recreating the file.

If it still does not work, log a Severity 1 with Symantec Support.

You need a Symantec engineer to assist via a Webex session to recreate the database before doing bprecover.

olukayode_okunu
Level 4

hi,

thanks for all the help you have given me so far. i can get to the admin console now and i am almost through. I have one more issue, i am trying to recover the relational database file from an online catalog backup, i have actually gotten to the step where i run this command "bprecover -r -nbdb". After running the command i get this error " ERR -  failed to recover NBDB on server (14)" meanwhile on the admin console it shows recovery successful, on checking the detailed status i discoverd that it was restored to the staging folder in the NetbackupDB directory instead of the data folder.

please what can i do to complete the restore properly

olukayode_okunu
Level 4

hi,

thanks to everyone that contributed.  my issue has been solved. all the comments that i marked as solutions were what i used.