cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do a include_list for a windows cilent.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Netbackup 5.1 MP6
Master = windows
media= aix
client = windows

I don't want to make a new policy just for this one server.
my client is in a policy that currently backs up the c:\* for all the clients in the policy
one of these clients I want to ALSO backup e:\backup and the files in the backup dir.

My problem is I am having issues understanding how to do this on a windows client.

I have figured out
bpplinclued <policyname> -add E:\backup

but this is not a command I can find on the client so how do I get this specifice for one client in that policy
or
how to I make the include list on the windows client (unix is so easy... just make the file!)

thanks for you help.
4 REPLIES 4

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
I'm not sure you can do that without modifying or adding a new policy (or scheduing a client-side backup).  Include/exclude lists only modify the stuff the policy already does.  They don't add new filesystems to the policy.

bpplinclude is the command to modify a policy.  So even if you ran it on the client, it would still affect the entire policy.

You should be able to modify a windows client's include/exclude lists in the client properties screen on the GUI.

--
Darren

Stumpr2
Level 6
The purpose of the include list is to put back into the backup the files or directories that were already in the exclude list. It cannot be used to introduce entirely new folders and directories.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
You can add Include/Exclude files to each client and will be independent of the policy, but under the policy must be contemplated to backup that drive, also a quick way to add file/folders to the exclude/include list in windows is in the registry, under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Exclude
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Include

Just add the list of folder and files you need, it is faster then to add them one by one on the client.

Regards

Stumpr2
Level 6
Simply put.

you must create a new policy for the one client
or
add the e:\ drive to the existing policy and then add excludes to all of the other clients to exclude the e:\ drive.

I would create a new policy for the special client to backup its c:\ and e:\ drives.