cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to remove client name in to policy but it's getting error.

charan
Level 4
Partner

i am trying to remove client name in to policy but it's getting error,the policy could not be modified status : 43 unexpected message recived.

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the OS on the master server? 

I guess it is not Windows 7 as per your selection...

If W2008 or higher, remember to open the GUI with right-click, run as Administrator.

Or disable UAC.

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Also have you tried adding/removing a fake client to the policy or even creating a test policy and adding/removing client from test policy.

if you can't delete a client from any policy then follow Mariannes suggestions.

If it does work for other policies then you could have a corrupt policy. you could try copying the policy to a temp policy then remove original policy then copy the temp policy back to the original name and try to remove the client.

good luck

jim_dalton
Level 6

Seen something similar when its been updated - possibly by others- but not refreshed and it triggers a fault.

Exit , check no other admin guis running, restart your admin gui and try again. Jim

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I think Jim is right.  NetBackup now maintains, internally, 'versions' of policies.  So, in your case, you possibly have a 'stale' policy in memory of your running console.  So, exit console, and retry.  Or 'refresh all' in the Admin Console to reload the entire policy set.

Marianne
Level 6

Always difficult to assist when everyone replies except the original poster..........

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

:)

charan
Level 4
Partner

Thnaks for your replaies....

and sorry for late replay,actually i went on leave.
regarding this issue finally i made it.

Marianne
Level 6

So - HOW was the issue resolved?