Level 6

Setup:

Master: Netbackup 7.1, windows server 2008 R2

Media: 5200 appliance (2.0)

1 LTO3 robot with two drives

1 LTO4 robot with 1 drive

Both robots are in a single storage unit group set to prioritize the drives

Ok so heres whats going on:

I just added the LTO4 robot last week and all of the backups are load balancing betweek the two libraries just like they should.  But when i run my vault policy so that i can eject and take tapes offsite the tapes in the newly added LTO4 tapes do not appear for a deffered eject.  I have double check that the "tapes in the LTO4 drive are in the proper volume pool (offsite) and i also checked that the vault profile attributes are set to "include all "XX"'. 

Did i miss some configuration somewhere or does vault get finiky when haveing multiple tape libraries in one storage unit group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You do have 2 issues - the bar code one relates to the library setup itself and there should be a setting within the library to use "Short" bar codes

You need to be careful here as if you change it now you will also need to change all of the tapes that have been used so far to only have a short barcode - but it will help should you need to take tapes out of one library and put them into the other one.

vmchange [-h EMM_server | volume_database_host] -barcode barcode -m media_id [-rt robot_type]

will do that for you.

Under Vault Management the first thing I guess you will see is TLD(0) - so anything in that relates only to that library.

You will need to add in what I assume is TLD(1) and set up the Vault and Vault Profile under that and then the Policy to run the vault. Just mirror what you have done for TLD(0)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

A vault is against a tape library

When first configured the first thing you do is add the robot

So you need another vault profile for the new robot (library) and then a new profile for that one with all the same settings as for your original one

Hope this sorts it for you

Stanleyj
Level 6

Mark,

My profile is vaulting tapes based on the volume pools at which the tapes from the other library are showing in.  Do i need to change that strategy to make this work?  Everything im seeing in the profile I have created includes both libraries. 

Something to make note of for some reason my newest drive is showing the L3 at the end of the barcode.  My other library is not showing this. Could that be causing this also?  I cant figure out how to make it not read that part of the barcode.  The drive is a different model.

Thank you for offering me assistance with this.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You do have 2 issues - the bar code one relates to the library setup itself and there should be a setting within the library to use "Short" bar codes

You need to be careful here as if you change it now you will also need to change all of the tapes that have been used so far to only have a short barcode - but it will help should you need to take tapes out of one library and put them into the other one.

vmchange [-h EMM_server | volume_database_host] -barcode barcode -m media_id [-rt robot_type]

will do that for you.

Under Vault Management the first thing I guess you will see is TLD(0) - so anything in that relates only to that library.

You will need to add in what I assume is TLD(1) and set up the Vault and Vault Profile under that and then the Policy to run the vault. Just mirror what you have done for TLD(0)

Hope this helps

Stanleyj
Level 6

I just went back and was doing thinking about what you said earlier and then it hit me.  I dont need to add another profile but another vault for my newest robot (just like you stated above).  Sorry im a little slow :).

Thank you so much for this information on vaulting and the barcodes!!