cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reconstruct the netbackup catalog from recoveries of all data backed up on tape

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

It is possible to reconstruct the netbackup catalog from recoveries of all data backed up on tape for example? How one can perform recoveries from the Master Servers without access to the Customer, provided that the information is backed up to tape?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Client initiated restores are allowed by default. Only when explicitely disallowed on master server will this not be possible. Check Host Properties -> master server -> Client Attributes -> Allow client restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

I don't understand this question:

"How one can perform recoveries from the Master Servers without access to the Customer "

Are you referring to a DR-type scenario?

Read up in the NBU Admin Guides (you did not mention NBU version or OS) about NetBackup Catalog Backups. There is this chapter in the NBU 7 Admin Guide I:

Protecting the NetBackup catalog

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I want to ask is whether I can perform recoveries from the master servers if you access the console of Backup & archive on the client?

Marianne
Level 6

Client initiated restores are allowed by default. Only when explicitely disallowed on master server will this not be possible. Check Host Properties -> master server -> Client Attributes -> Allow client restore.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited