cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Master Server...

Katiehbee
Level 2

I'm hoping this is something simple that I've overlooked...

Installed OpsCenter for a customer, 7.7.2 on a Win 2012 R2 VM on a VMWare host, and I'm trying to connect to a Master running NBU 7.7.2 also on Win 2012 R2, in the same VMware environment. They are on the same domain, can ping each other, have port 1556 listening, I have tried with the OpsCenter server in and not in the Additional Servers on the host properties in the NBU Admin console.

I have not yet managed to connect the master so there is nothing yet in OpsCenter, but the error I get is 

OpsCenter-10940:An unknown error has occurred while discovering master server. Please contact your system administrator.

3 REPLIES 3

Katiehbee
Level 2

In the event viewer I can see "The Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter WebServer Service service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly." but the event time does not tie in with when I am trying to make a connection

Katiehbee
Level 2

I think the customer may be only allowing certain ports between the VLANS... I am getting a networks guy to check and will post if this is the issue

Will_Restore
Level 6

When 13724 is not open inbound on the master, you get a Opscenter-10940 error.

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/opscenter-requires-vnetd-13724-access-master-servers