Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opcenter Hardware requirements

loko32
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Do someone know the hardware requirements for Opcenter?

CPU:

Diskspace:

Mem:

Thx in advance!

Kind regards,

Loko32

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

loko32
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Thx for the responce but this document can't be correct!

It is a document for Backup reporter 6.2 (MP1) from 2007!?

I need the Hardware requirements for Opcenter.

Kind regards,

Loko32

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...Veritas Backup Reporter was renamed to Opcenter Analytics...that's straight off the application's subsite on www.symantec.com

RonCaplinger
Level 6

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76770

page 44

We are running it on a VM with dual 2.8Ghz Xeon processors, 4GB RAM, 20GB C: drive for system and Netbackup client install, and 30GB F: drive for OpsCenter.

I would recommend looking at page 46 in the above technote for info on installing OpsCenter on a different drive.  We've had problems when we change our OpsCenter logging levels and were filling up our C: drive on a daily basis with thousands of log files.  Had to have Symantec enter an override in a config file that just overwrites the log file as it files up, which occurs every 3-4 seconds.

chengfr
Level 3

We're running OpsCenter on VMware virtual machine. It gives you management flexibility if you want to expand your machines's capacity.  The virtual machines runs on 2 vCPU and 8GB vRAM. Giving more RAM would give a better performance as there is a OpsCenter has an embedded Sybase database.

For disk space, it's easy to expand for a virtual machine. 50GB is a good start.

AudienceofOne
Level 3

Are you monitoring a single NBU Master?  The OpsCenter Tuning and Best  Practices recommends a stand alone server.  I am looking to move our OpsCenter server to a new location so new server.  I monitor approximately 10 sites/Masters with 2 of those sites in the 1k + client range.

AudienceofOne
Level 3

Are there any recomendations Windows vs. Unix?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Our system is just a single NBU master and a couple hundred clients.  The only performance issues we've run into have been from the OpsCenter software itself (high CPU usage from the SQL database service).  One of those was a bug in the OpsCenter software that caused timeouts.  It would have happened on a physical server, too.

I can easily imagine that using OpsCenter to monitor 10 masters and thousands of clients would require a pretty beefy standalone server.

I'm a big proponent of following the info in the Best Practices guides, but this is one of the few we found that don't really apply to our smaller environment.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Windows 2008 64 bit is best for Opscenter to work .