cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter Analytics Server Merge

NJ1
Level 2

Need to create a new large Server to take over the existing four Opscenter Servers. I will need to keep the historical data..

Currently three of the four OpsCenter Severs are at 7.1.0.4 and the fourth one is at 7.5.. I know that I would have to make all four servers at a current release.. 7.5.0.5.. 

Once the new OpsCenter server has been Built. Can I take and merge the four server database, reports, etc to the one server..

3 REPLIES 3

Deeps
Level 6

There is no documented procedure to do this but I am sure this can be done if you have good knowledge of database and scripting.

MilanPalian-A
Level 3

Also do not forget to take into consideraton the size of the resulting database. It is my impression that the database does not scale as well as one might suppose. When the database become too large, response time goes down and internal events in OpsCenter seem to fail leading to intractable errors which cannot easily be traced to anything.

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

NJ1,

Unfortunately, multiple OpsCenter Databases cannot be merged into one... 

There are primary keys and unique id's for master servers, clients, policies, etc... that if merged could cause inaccurracies, and corruption within the database.