cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter - Email Alert Customization

shocko
Level 4

Hi guys, is there anyway to customize the Email alert format generetd by OpsCentre Analaytics? The default format gives usless info such as the JobID. I'd like the target of the operation or the policy in the subject line.

8 REPLIES 8

DG-2005
Level 5

Take a look at master emailing.

It gives clientname , job, policy, and job type for the alert.

shocko
Level 4

Do you mean use the Master as the emailer rather than Ops Centre? 

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Hi, Can you provide an overview of exact report you are trying to generate? You can customize your report format by including or remove attributes you do not want in the report.

You can also achieve this using the SQL query

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You should change report instead.. opscenter simply sends mail what has been seleted as report..

Should you remove fields such as Job ID from reports which are scheduled to be mailed.

shocko
Level 4

I'm takling about Opsn Centre alerts rather than reports or emails sent directly from NetBackup. 

dollarpo
Level 1

Shocko, you really can't modify opscenter analytical alert policies. 

You mention " I'd like the target of the operation or the policy in the subject line" : I do not think this can also be modify in my past 7 years experiece with using opscenter. other than that, opscenter alert has got wealth of reporting information. I believe you should be watching out for the exit status code in the subject line ..which is always a quick pointer to any issue or information.

Thank you

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Shocko,

Dollarpo is correct, you cannot customize the content that is sent within the alert policy.

When the alert triggers, that should provide enough information for an operator / admin to perform next steps.

If you are looking to customize the SNMP trap for a 3rd party product to perform an action.. such as open a ticket.. I can only suggest having the product comb the body of the alert and pull out the information it needs.

If you have any quesitons, please let me know.

-Tom

shocko
Level 4

Hi tom_sprouse,

"When the alert triggers, that should provide enough information for an operator / admin to perform next steps."

yet my issue is that the alert subject is usless and in the form ' Job ID XXXX failed with code'. When you are getting alerts like these to a smart phone they tell you nothing useless other thana  job failed.