Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Reporting

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Techiz,

I am trying to look for an automated vaulting report for a month. Means how many and what all medias were ejected for an entire month. I tried looking into opscenter, there is only one report for vault which just tells the count. Then I looked into Opscenter tables, I could only find tables like nom_NBJob and nom_NBVolume which could give me few information.

I am looking for a report for a month containing columns Date on which offsiting was done(can be found in nom_NBVolume), number of tapes vaulted, mediaid of the tapes vaulted, expiration date of the media(domain_Media), mediaid of medias which are expired on that date as per vault.

Thanks

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Sid

Try this (change the dates as required). [Keep in mind I don't have vault configured so I"m guessing what the result would be :) ]

select nom_nbvolume.mediaid as "Media ID", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) as "Vaulted Date", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.ExpirationDate) as "Expiration Date", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.ReturnDate) as "Return Date"
from nom_nbvolume
where UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) between 'Feb 12, 2015 12:00:00 AM' and 'Feb 13, 2015 12:00:00 AM'

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Sid,

Which version of NetBackup are you using?

Here are the links to Symantec OpsCenter 7.5 Reporting Guide and Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter 7.6 Reporting Guide These guides list the various reports that can be run using the OpsCenter. 

Let us know if it helps.

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Ananya,

Thanks for the reply. My opscenter is at 7.6.0.3. I have checked all the report templates there aren't any report which would provide me the details I am looking for.

I am looking for a monthly report containing columns Date on which offsiting was done(can be found in nom_NBVolume), number of tapes vaulted, mediaid of the tapes vaulted, expiration date of the media(domain_Media), mediaid of medias which are expired on that date as per vault.

Thanks

Sid

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5

I do not think we can create reports outside the one's predefined by Opscenter. You can log a formal support case to confirm this.

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Ananya, you can create custom SQL queries using the OpsCenter interface.

Sid, I'll take a look at this and get back to you (don't have any vaulting configured now)

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5

Thank you Riaan, I had a doubt, hence advised to open a support case.

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi Sid

Try this (change the dates as required). [Keep in mind I don't have vault configured so I"m guessing what the result would be :) ]

select nom_nbvolume.mediaid as "Media ID", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) as "Vaulted Date", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.ExpirationDate) as "Expiration Date", UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.ReturnDate) as "Return Date"
from nom_nbvolume
where UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) between 'Feb 12, 2015 12:00:00 AM' and 'Feb 13, 2015 12:00:00 AM'

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Riaan,

Thanks for your response, we are close. I changed the query a bit as expiration date wasn't coming up from nom_nbvolume table. One further request would be can it be generated for 30 days or for a month so? Not by specifying start and end date of the month.

Would below work, I didn't try though.

DATEDIFF(day,UTCBigIntToNomTime(DJ.startTime),GETDATE())>=30

select 
nom_nbvolume.mediaid as "Media ID",
UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) as "Vaulted Date", 
UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_media.expirationTime) as "Expiration Date",
domain_media.usedCapacity/1024/1024/1024 as "Used Capacity in GB"
FROM
nom_nbvolume, domain_media
WHERE nom_nbvolume.barcode=domain_media.barcode
AND UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted) between 'Feb 11, 2015 12:00:00 AM' and 'Feb 12, 2015 12:00:00 AM' 

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Nice, I noticed that but thought it might just be something on my test system

Use this for AND instead

AND DATEDIFF(day,UTCBigIntToNomTime(nom_nbvolume.DateVaulted), GETDATE()) <= 30

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi Sid,

Did that help?