Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A HA host not able to detect and mount a storage LUN

MingHar
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I had install Storage Foundation on Microsoft Cluster with 2 nodes. I will able to see and mount the storage LUN  from HA serverA but not able to see  the same storage LUN from HA serverB.

What is the possible cause and steps?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Try deporting diskgroup on node A and then do a rescan on node B - you can do both of these from the VEA GUI or from CLI using:

vxdg -g dg_name deport
vxassist rescan

If this doesn't resolve issue, the problem is probably hardware - i.e FC Switch zoning or Lun masking is not correct. 

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Try deporting diskgroup on node A and then do a rescan on node B - you can do both of these from the VEA GUI or from CLI using:

vxdg -g dg_name deport
vxassist rescan

If this doesn't resolve issue, the problem is probably hardware - i.e FC Switch zoning or Lun masking is not correct. 

Mike

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi MingHar,

As Mike was pointing out the diskgroup can only be imported on a single node at a time.  If the diskgroup is imported on node A then node B will not be able to import the diskgroup and access the volume.

A common problem with MSCS clusters is that the disks will be under MSCS control as Physical disk resources.  These will need to be removed if they exist and a Volume Manager DiskGroup (VMDg) resource created to control the diskgroup.  Once the VMDg resource is created it can be failed back and forth from node to node.  This will cause the deport and import of the diskgroups on the correct node.

If you continue to have problems please contact Symantec Technical support and we will assist you with your issue directly.

Thank you,

Wally