cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Veritas SF version installed

Rudasa
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I have installed Veritas (SF) 5.0 MP1 in a couple of Solaris servers, however I have to
verify another one, which version has installed.
Is it there anything rather than pkginfo | grep ... etc?
Is it there any command or file that shows the version currently installed?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hello Rudasa,

Well "pkginfo -l VRTSxxxx" is the best command to check the base version & patch installed, you should check the "PSTAMP" value in above output.

Or else, you can also check with "modinfo | grep -i vx" & find out the version of kernel modules loaded for veritas.

Hope this answers your query.

Gaurav

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner
I belive that the Veritas Installation Assessment Service, which is a free service created by the  Storage Foundation Development Team, will provide that information for you: It's available from the Downloads section of Connect
http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/veritas-installation-assessment-service-vias

Once you've checked out VIAS, you may also be interested in a number of other free tools created by the Storage Development team, including Patch Central, Health Check, Error Code Lookup, Inventory Management Service. They're alll available from the Downloads section.

Hope this helps,

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hello Rudasa,

Well "pkginfo -l VRTSxxxx" is the best command to check the base version & patch installed, you should check the "PSTAMP" value in above output.

Or else, you can also check with "modinfo | grep -i vx" & find out the version of kernel modules loaded for veritas.

Hope this answers your query.

Gaurav

Rudasa
Level 3

Hello Gaurav,

Yes, modinfo was the command I was looking for.
Thanks!

Jeff_New
Level 4
Employee
Hi Rudasa,

Storage Foundaiton Manager also reports on all of this information and much more.
Looks for details in the Host views, the SF Product Version Report Add-on, and the License Deployment Reporter Add-on.

More details here: www.symantec.com/sfm

Thanks,

Jeff