cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend Disk in VXVM

Tiger09
Level 4

HI,

I have 1 Lun with size 120GB, on that LUN we have 1 Disk group with 4 DB volume, now i want to extend the size of "DISK" not DG nor Volume.Can i extend Disk size from 120 G B to 200 GB???

If yes, thn please share POA also...

Thanks in Advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

Yes this is possible, once you have increased the LUN size from Storage, you need to indicate same to vxvm to expand.

Refer below

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/6.1/solaris/productguides/html/sf_admin/ch05s03.htm

G

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

Yes this is possible, once you have increased the LUN size from Storage, you need to indicate same to vxvm to expand.

Refer below

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/6.1/solaris/productguides/html/sf_admin/ch05s03.htm

G

Gaurav_singh
Level 4

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please assist, Is there any data lose if we resize the lun.I got this info as,

Resizing a device that contains the only valid configuration copy for a disk group can result in data loss if a system crash occurs during the resize.

Is it right?

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hi, If system crash happens during resize operation then it may cause unexpected results which may include data loss however I do not recall many of such scenarios. From storage prospective lun should be grown at end cylinders because first cylinders of lun would usually contain disk group information hence it should be grown at bottom. G

Tiger09
Level 4

Hi G,

Thanks 4 reply...

But with this utility, is there is change in lost of exsting data...

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

As explained above, if storage does a mistake by expanding the lun at begining of lun, you may face issues. Otherwise shouldn't be a risk, have seen many resizes without any issues.

G