Highlighted

Specify resource name when adding resources using cfsmntadm

Hi,

Is this at all possible? I can specify the service group but I see no way of actually specifying the mount resource name in VCS. It just creates mounts called cfsmount1, cfsmount2 etc.

Currently, i'm using something like:

cfsmntadm add oracledg v_oracledgdata01 SG-oracle-db all=cluster

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

There doesn't appear to be,

There doesn't appear to be, looking at the man page.  If you want to speciy the name, then I would add manually in VCS, this is only a "hares -add" command followed by a few "hares -modify" commands.  If you add a resource using cfsmntadm and then run:

cd /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/conf
hacf -verify .
grep resource_name main.cmd

Then this will show you commands so you can use this as a template for creating more resources (and use this to rename resource by deleting resource and running commands to re-create with a different name).

Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

There doesn't appear to be,

There doesn't appear to be, looking at the man page.  If you want to speciy the name, then I would add manually in VCS, this is only a "hares -add" command followed by a few "hares -modify" commands.  If you add a resource using cfsmntadm and then run:

cd /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/conf
hacf -verify .
grep resource_name main.cmd

Then this will show you commands so you can use this as a template for creating more resources (and use this to rename resource by deleting resource and running commands to re-create with a different name).

Mike

View solution in original post

I agree, there is no method

I agree, there is no method to change the name at the same time, it can be modified with hares command as Mike pointed ....

G

Highlighted

Rename a resource

The name of a resource can not be modifed except by editing main.cf directly and bouncing the cluster.

Highlighted

Thanks...

...everyone for taking the time to respond. I was aware of the various methods by which the desired results could be acheived, it's just a little frustrating that the functionality hasn't been built into the command in the first place.

Perhaps I'll suggest this gets added to the wishlist...

Cheers,

Asil

Highlighted

Valid, but taking the

Valid, but taking the commands out of main.cmd is less intrusive in my humble opinion.