cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Starting Veritas Cluster Server

sophie_lu
Level 3
Employee

Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) startup depends on the kernel-space modules and other user-space modules starting in a specific order. You can start VCS using the installvcs –start command, or by manually starting VCS either on a single-node cluster or on each node of a cluster. The command to start VCS is typically initiated at system startup. When you start VCS, it checks the state of its local configuration file and registers with GAB for cluster membership. If the local configuration is valid, and if no other system is running VCS, it builds its state from the local configuration file and enters the RUNNING state.

To start VCS using the installvcs -start command, perform the following steps on any node in the cluster:

1. Log in as the root user.  
  2. Enable password-less communication (rsh Remote Shell or ssh Secure Shell). For information on how to set up password-less communication, see:
  1. Run the following command:
    # /opt/VRTS/install/installvcs –start

To start VCS manually on a single-node cluster:

2. Start the VCS engine by running the following command: 
    # hastart –onenode

To start VCS manually on each node of a cluster:

2. Start the Low Latency Transport (LLT) and Group Atomic and Broadcast (GAB). Start I/O fencing if you have configured it. The LLT, GAB, I/O fencing, and AMF (optional) processes must be started before manually starting the VCS engine.
    To start LLT:
    # /etc/init.d/llt.rc start
    To start GAB:
    # /etc/init.d/gab.rc start
    To start I/O fencing:
    # /etc/init.d/vxfen.rc start
    Optionally, you can start Asynchronous Monitoring Framework (AMF) if you want to enable intelligent monitoring.
    To start AMF:
    # /etc/init.d/amf.rc start
  3. Start the VCS engine:
    # hastart
You may need to manually start the VCS process after:

For more information on how to start VCS, see:

hastart (1M) manual pages:

Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability documentation for other releases and platforms can be found on the SORT website.

0 REPLIES 0