cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to undo Diskpart clean on USB Seagate 1TB drive

cmptekinc
Level 3

Guys,

When using BESR 2010 Diskpart I ran "clean" command on the wrong drive Seagate 1TB USB.

Is there any way to undo "clean" command.

I used Find and Mount, it sees the drive, allows me to Mount it, but the drive shows as "Unallocated" in Disk management on Windows 7

I don't have enough space in order to use Export to image. Is there anything I can do or is it pretty much hosed ?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

JohnnE
Not applicable

I did the same thing using DISKPART in Windows 7....  I ran the CLEAN command on DISK 1 Partition 1 thinking it was one of my USB Flash drives and it ended up being by D: drive which had all my tools and backups.....

What I did to recover the drive was to run DISKPART again, select the drive, the partition and then used the ASSIGN command.  The drive came back on as nothing had happened to it. all my files and folders were intact.

cmptekinc
Level 3

hey Johnne,

I will give this a shot. As of right now, this drive comes up as Unallocated. I used a different utility to map a letter to it (without making any additional changes), but that didn't get me anywhere. Will try diskpart assign to see if I have any luck with it..

Thanks,

Alex