cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Management Solution - Over a WAN?

hch
Not applicable
We've been using BESRM 8.5 to manage jobs and monitor backups at all of our remote sites (~45 servers in different locations) over the internet with a fair amount of success. Now that we're starting to roll out 2010, however, we need to set up the new Management Solution to do something similar.

I've got the product installed on a new server (we decided not to migrate directly from BESRM so we could stage the transition), but it seems to want to detect machines in AD/the local network. I know there is a URL that I can get to to install the Altiris agent, but I don't see any such non-push way of getting to the BESR plugin. Is there an easy way to do this? If I pull out the installers and run them manually on each server, will it know to reach out to the right manager? Are there specific ports I need to forward?

The admin guide vaguely mentions that it can manage "remote" servers, but is anyone doing this kind of thing yet?

TIA,
H
1 REPLY 1

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

--> First, INSTALL ALTIRIS AGENT
--> Second, deploy plug-in.
--> Deploy BESR PAckage, you must only active (green light may appears on the top right of the package pages).

And wait.... minutes or hours. i've some clients that executes the package after 24 hours.

Thanks