cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 unable to backup

Po
Level 2

The system I am using is Windows 2003 server R2 with 4G RAM. The HDD size is 6T and 2.2T has beed used. Last week BESR 2010 failed to back up my data. the event log says "Application unable to continue due to lack of memory". I have taken the following steps:

1. tried many methods posted on Symantec's official website, but didn't fix the problem.

2. reinstalled BESR2010 and recreated all schedules.

3. the schedule worked fine for the first time. it failed the next time and showed the below message

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (F:\).
             Error EC8F040B: Cannot create incremental recovery point of F:\ drive.
             Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point.
             Error EBAB001A: An unknown exception has occurred at .\DiskGroup.cpp 1975.

4. stopped some services and deleted all schedules and historys. and then recreated everything.

5. still, BESR failed to backup saying "Application unable to continue due to lack of memory"

what can I do?

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you using BESR 2010 SP5 (Help/About should show version as 9.0.5)?

Is the problem only with volume F? Are you able to backup other volumes on this server?

If you reboot the server, does the backup of F work?

Po
Level 2

1. Yes . I am using BESR 2010 SP5

2. I can backup c: drive

3. Yes . I did reboot the server. but, it didn't help.

criley
Employee Accredited

So have backups of F ever worked?

Would you be willing to test SSR 2013 to see if this helps?

Po
Level 2

1.Yes. it worked after I have reinstalled BESR. But it failed the next time.

2. What I really want is some approaches to fix the problem instead of purchasing a upgraded product.

criley
Employee Accredited

2. What I really want is some approaches to fix the problem instead of purchasing a upgraded product.

Understood. I was just checking to see if you were willing to try this.

The errors above show the failure is when creating an incremental backup. What if you create a new FULL backup - does this work?

Po
Level 2

----What if you create a new FULL backup - does this work?

YES. It worked well after I re-installed BESR2010. That means for the first time it could do a full backup well. then, after that, it failed.......

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you have a support case opened for this issue?