cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 won't deploy agent to Windows 7 clients

Thomas_R
Level 2
When attempting to deploy the BESR 2010 agent to Win 7 clients using BESR Service Connection, the following error occurs:

Dialog box: Deploy Agent ----> Cannot deploy the Agent to (computer name).
Error EOD3EBCO: Cannot deploy the Agent to (computer name). --(computer name), exception occured: Attempt to connect to remote machine failed.
Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password.

The agent deployed using the same administrator user name and password without any problems on the Win XP clients. Disabling UAC had no effect. 

Any suggestions?  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thomas_R
Level 2
I looked at your list and said, "Wow, good list"  But I also thought, this is going to take a while.  So for some reason I decided to start at number 10 and work backwards. 

Didn't have to go to number 9!

Number 10 did the trick!  Domain\Username!!!!!!

Thanks a million!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ioniancat21
Level 5
I do have some suggestions as I too have had many network/credentials related errors with these Windows builds. Try some of these suggestions if you haven't already:

1. Disable Windows Firewall.
2. Disable Windows Defender.
3. Enable the administrator account as it is disabled by default in Windows Vista and 7.
4. Enable Remote Desktop.
5. Make sure the Remote Registry service is running.
6. Check the settings of how Windows Vista and 7 share files. Some of these settings can mess with things.
7. If providing credentials, make sure the user you select doesn't have a blank password
8. Try local user account credentials rather than domain-based.
8. Run a gpupdate /force to ensure those boxes have all the latest policies.
9. Set Anitivirus as disabled during deployment.
10. Use classic Domain\Username rather than user@domain.com

Hopefully, one of these will help...........

Thomas_R
Level 2
I looked at your list and said, "Wow, good list"  But I also thought, this is going to take a while.  So for some reason I decided to start at number 10 and work backwards. 

Didn't have to go to number 9!

Number 10 did the trick!  Domain\Username!!!!!!

Thanks a million!