cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Errors

braswell_js
Level 3
Having several issues backing up my clients. It's rather hit and miss, and haven't gotten consistent results with anything working more than a week or so. I have several VLANs with NAS drives set up in some of th VLANs. The computers are able to talk to the drive, I've verified that, and I'm using a script that maps the T: drive to each client before they run the backups. One of the errors says the script doesn't exist, so I checked the clients to make sure they were there, and they are in fact on each machine. I'll post my errors, and see if anyone knows how to fix them. I've got limited time to fix this, or I'm abandoning this program and trading it in for something that works better. Please help, I need this working. Error 1 is from some machines that run the same backup jobs unsuccessfully as others that are able to complete the job, and error 2 is from some machines that have run successful jobs once before, but can't run it again. BTW, running BESR 8.5.5, using WinXP clients talking to a Server 2003 manager. All other communications are fine, can map drive from workstations to the NAS drives, and the server.

ERROR 1: Result (0xebab0005 18 ERROR_ERRORS_EXIST Args [2] Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xec8f17b7 23 VPRO_ERROR_CREATE_IMAGE Args [2]  Arg (0xbab000d 25 Towel LaCie Network Drive) Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xec8f03f0 28 VPRO_ERR_ADD_IMAGE_TO_VOLUME Args [1] Arg  (0xbab0012 Result (0xed800019 32 PQIFILE_ERR_FAILED_OPENING_IMAGE Args [1] Arg (0xbab000d 24 T:\AK6WND_C_Drive018.v2i);));));))  Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xed800019 0  Args [0];));)

ERROR 2: Result (0xebab0005 18 ERROR_ERRORS_EXIST Args [2] Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xec8f17b7 23 VPRO_ERROR_CREATE_IMAGE Args [2] Arg (0xbab000d 31 Tissue East LaCie Network Drive) Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xec8f0401 24 VPRO_ERR_PREIMAGE_FAILED Args [1] Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xe0bb009c 29 SME_ERROR_IN_EXTERNAL_PROCESS Args [2] Arg (0xbab000d 118 "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\CommandFiles\MapTissE.cmd" ) Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xebab03f1 14 ERROR_OS_ERROR Args [1] Arg (0xbab000d 42 The system cannot find the file specified.);));));));)) Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xe0bb009c 0  Args [0];));)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

braswell_js
Level 3
Resolved. I talked with Symantec support today, and on Error 1, the client isn't communicating with the server. Running publisherui.exe on the client reestablished the connection and allowed the clients to resume talking. Error 2 was not necessarily an issue with finding the file, there was a parameter at the end of the file that needed to be added. The script was used to map a drive, so it read as follows

net use t:\ \\A.B.C.D\BESR_backups
exit /b 0 <---That's the key part that got it working. Not sure what it is, but it works. For now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited
It's going to be very difficult to resolve this via the forums. If you have a support contract I would recommend that you open a case with support so that we can look at the logs in more detail.

The first error may have been caused by a network issue around the time of the backup. The second error does not make sense seeing as it used to work and the command file still exists. As I said, the logs (some are encrypted) should tell us more.

braswell_js
Level 3
Resolved. I talked with Symantec support today, and on Error 1, the client isn't communicating with the server. Running publisherui.exe on the client reestablished the connection and allowed the clients to resume talking. Error 2 was not necessarily an issue with finding the file, there was a parameter at the end of the file that needed to be added. The script was used to map a drive, so it read as follows

net use t:\ \\A.B.C.D\BESR_backups
exit /b 0 <---That's the key part that got it working. Not sure what it is, but it works. For now.