cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR not seeing C: Drive

John_Harris_2
Level 2
Hi,
I have just installed and activated BESR 6.5 on my server which previously had a trial version of 6.5. I had uninstalled the trial version prior to installing the full version but I still cannot see the C:. I am wondering if there was some stuff I needed to remove from the registry manually to get this to work?
3 REPLIES 3

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Not entirely sure if it is necessary but have you checked to see if the administrative share is on c, ie c$

John_Harris_2
Level 2
Thanks Philip. Yes the admin share C$ does exist. The reason I think the trial version is still having an influence (the trial version does not allow you to see C:) is because I can still see events from the trial install.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Drives not showing up in the BESR console is commonly caused by drive or partition table discrepancies. I would suggest the following two options:

1. Check to make sure there are no "phantom" drives showing up in Disk Management (i.e. drives appearing in Disk Management that don't actually exist).

2. Run the utility Partinfo (PartinNT.exe) and save the results to a file. Check for any errors.

You could even post the file results to the forum, since it's just a simple text file.