cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR stuck creating recovery point, cannot cancel

MGAngel
Not applicable

Hi.

I'm trying to resolve an ongoing issue with our BESR program running on a server in another office (out of state).  We backup to 2 locally connected USB external hard drives and the incremental backups have filled up one of the two drives.  It appears to be set to manage the size of the backups, but it's not anymore.  So, I'm trying to get one good backup to the other drive before I manually clean out those incremental backups and start them from scratch.  However, the program is stuck in a "Creating Recovery Point - ..." status with 0% complete.  There's no "Cancel" button available to click (it's grayed out) so I have no other way of stopping the process other than stopping the system recovery service.  In this case, is it safe to stop the service and will it stop the program from whatever it's trying to do?   Then I can start it again and attempt a fresh backup?

Since this server is remote, I'm trying minimize the restarts on the server itself.  The server has not yet been configured to ignore the USB drives on boot, so someone has to physically be at the server to disconnect the external drives before the server can start properly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0