cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create recovery point

anishmcse
Level 3
I am getting the below error while creating the Recovery point. I am using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server 6.5 and Windows 2003 OS. -Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Recovery point of C:\. --Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, MbrDisk::RoundSectorCountToUnallocatedSpace: .\MbrDisk.cpp(5373): RoundToValidPartitionSectorCount(luSpace, size, logical).
8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
You could try to reinstall BESR.
And you should check wether BESR 6.5 is supported on W2K3: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/314384.htm

anishmcse
Level 3
I am already reinstalled the BESR and still it is not working.

BESR6.5 is supporting WK3 and i am able to take image of other servers.

But in one server i am getting the error.

Please provide some solutions........

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You could try to run fixinstall.bat , then reboot the servers and let the backups run.

anishmcse
Level 3

I have run the fixinstall.bat and rebooted the server but still facing the same issue.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Well, then I have to admit, I have no other idea but to recommend you to open a case with symantec.

EdT
Level 6
References to the MBR (master boot record) suggest to me that you may have an integrity problem with the hard disk which holds the C: drive.
I would therefore suggest working through the following diagnostic steps.

1.  Check the event logs - system and application, for any error messages especially those that reference the hard disk. Any read errors or general hard disk errors will be logged in the system event log and give you advanced warning of a potential hard disk failure.

2. Run CHKDSK /F - this will need a restart so that the disk can be scanned without being locked by a running operating system. Any errors should be fixed but monitor the command screen for any messages.

3. Make sure that the drivers for your hard disk system, video system and general motherboard drivers are bang up to date.

If none of this helps and the hardware shows no evidence of any developing or pre-existing hard disk problems, then that is the time to consider opening a case with Symantec.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Have you solved this issue ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you solved the issue ?