cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Windows 2008 Enterprise x64bit with BESR 8.5

Aris_Warax
Level 2

I'm using windows 2008 enterprise edition x64, processor intel, ram 4Gb. When recovery to other computer different HW error. Recovery success but after reboot when install component, error show up ( windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer hardware. Anyone can help me ? thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

Aris_Warax
Level 2
was solved, must used original BESR 8.5

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Thanks for the follow-up anyone else having this same issue? Has anyone having this issue had better luck when disabling the, 'Run minisetup,' option in Restore anyware menu options?

Sw0
Not applicable
Hello,

We are doing a full backup of a Windows 2008 standard edition with BESR 8.5. WHen we try to restore on other hardware using the "restore anywhere option" we get after a succesfull restore and a reboot the message "Windows setup could not confgure Windows to run on this computer hardware".

Any idea what we are doing wrong?

Btw, we don't see anything about "mini-setup" when selecting "restore anywhere" during the recovery.

Thanks in advance.

Wouter.

marcogsp
Level 6
Press either the Ctrl or Shift key when selecting Restore Anyware.  This will reveal the hidden options -PFD and -DED as well as the option to enable/disable the mini-setup

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293847.htm

AJT
Level 6

Try your recovery again this time select Remove Existing Drivers (-DED), leave the rest un-checked!!!
Hope This Helps :)

jb-nucleus
Not applicable
We tried the restore anywhere again, and it restored the system now using the hidden options. So thanks very much for your help already.

However, Windows won't boot. It seems to freeze on crcdisk.sys.

Any suggestions on this?

AJT
Level 6
Would it be possible to try BESR 2010 BETA?

tomkod
Not applicable
Hallo!
I have the same problem with restore WIN 2008 (Windows boot, but freezing on crcdisk.sys)

I realize, that is long time up when you had this problem, but maybe someone resolve this problem?
Thanks for any suggestion!