cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Error ED800012: The internal structure of the recovery point file (Last File Frame) is invalid, damaged or unsupported.

Dan2008
Level 2

Hi 

Trying to mount a restore point and getting 

Error ED800012: The internal structure of the recovery point file (Last File Frame) is invalid, damaged or unsupported.

I can mount the restore point for the c: and e: but not the d: which is 1.4Tb

From what i have found by searching the restore point is corrupt?

Is there any way forward?

6 REPLIES 6

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Refer to the following documentation for more information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54676

Dan2008
Level 2

Couldn't find the reg files to try?

Could someone create a tool to scan the v2i backup files?

Thanks

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Can you confirm for me what version of Symantec System Recovery you are currenlty using and if the OS it is installed on is Server 2003 or 2008?

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

You could try using the "Recovery Point Browser" option to locate and open restore points. This option can be found by expanding the SSR 2013 folder, located on the start menu of Windows. Refer to the following document for more information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO48499

Dan2008
Level 2

Still no joy, even the properties of the resore point are shot

Source recovery point:  E:\SERVER_D_Drive001.v2i
    Created:  01/01/1601 00:02
    Split across multiple files:  Yes - 1232136 files
    Computer name:  (null)
    Restore Anyware:  Permitted
    Drive:  (null)
        Size:  1.15 KB
        File System:  (null)

Recovery point description:    None

The file is 1.4Tb, i have copied to another drive and still has the error ED800012.

There must be data in the file, it's just how to repair, scan and get it out, really important I get in to it.

Trying to restore with latest SSR 2013 trial on Win 7 PC. Have also tried on other PC and Server with same message, backup was probably created with an 2010 version of SSR, but the newer versions should be able to cope with that i would think?

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

The recovery point is corrupt.

The only option (and please understand this may not help) is to open up a support case and request for the case to be escalated through to the backline team. It is possible that we may be able to recover some of the data - no guarantees though.