cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2010 Management Solution is not supported on Microsoft Windows 2008 x64

Sebata
Not applicable
Hi

I am trying to install Symantec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution on Windows 2008 R2 SP2 but get the following error message. Does somebody have a solution?

Error.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

ezJurgen
Level 2
I can't wait for months!

Kevin_Laudan
Not applicable
I have been watching this forum for 3 months now, and Symantec is now finally getting around to looking into this issue and now 2 more months of waiting!  The Symantec software development team and management should be ashamed at over looking the current customer needs.  Server 2008 is almost 3 years old now, and to only develop the SRS Management solution for legacy OSes  (Server 2003) shows everyone how unprepared Symantec is at the current technologies.

DanielCapilla
Level 4
Dear Mr. Horlacher,

even, if we do not know what is happening "behind the curtain" ... have a look at this link:
http://www.symantec.com/de/de/business/products/agents_options.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=160...

system requirements:

Betriebssysteme

Windows 32-Bit- oder 64-Bit-Betriebssysteme:
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows Essential Business Server 2008
  • Windows Server 2008 mit SP1
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 
And later on you can read at nearly the end of the text:
... 32 bit version of Windows Server 2003 ...

But tell us, how should we get through this? The Product is (like it should) available for the actual operating systems, but the management-component only for 2003.
Sorry, but i will never get the idea (before buying), that the description does exactly mean, i can't manage the new software on new operating systems ... except, i use
an old operating system - that makes no sense for me.

We also feel, that symantec is selling very fast ... to fast ... faster than the software got finished and tested very well.

Regards
Daniel Capilla