cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Server 2010 SRD : Use Vista RAID Drivers?

JStellato
Level 3
So, I know the title may be misleading, I dont' necessarily expect the SRD to have my drivers preinstalled, but every time I load into the SRD and click the load driver, I put in the correct driver, and when I got to restore, it doesn't see the array.  

The system that was backed up, is Server 2003 ENT SP2 R2 x86.  I did notice that the new SRD is based off of the VISTA core, does that mean it's looking for a 2008/Vista driver?

RIght now I'm stuck with 2 down servers, that need to be restored because of a virus, I have the v2i's and the restore disk doesn't see the array.

The controller is on a S5000PSL Intel Motherboard with Raid Activation Key, in RAID 5.

Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
The 2008/Vista driver is only used within the recovery environment (i.e. when you boot off the SRD) for the actual restore process itself. The correct drivers for your OS will be applied during the restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
That's correct - you will need to provide the relevant 2008/Vista driver to get this working. I would suggest you check with the hardware vendor to get the right driver for your servers.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

JStellato
Level 3
Ok, so to restore my 2003 Server, use 2008/Vista RAID Drivers.

My confusion is, when I reboot the server, is it going to use the drivers that are in the image or the 2008/Vista Drivers I provided which would obviously be incorrect.

Thanks

Joe

JStellato
Level 3
Duplicate Post

criley
Employee Accredited
The 2008/Vista driver is only used within the recovery environment (i.e. when you boot off the SRD) for the actual restore process itself. The correct drivers for your OS will be applied during the restore.