cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup PCs

juliet_n_saunde
Not applicable
I was previously able to backup the PCs. But am unable to know. We have both PCs inside the firewall and outside the firewall... same is the case for both. I am given the following error when attempting to backup "Cannot create recovery points for job :Drive backup of All Drives (). Cannot creat the recovery point. Unable to establish network connection to \\servername\shared folder. Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one usernam, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again"

I recieved this error once before and just rebooted the machine I was attempting to run the backup on. I tried that for this new machine and still given that error. I tried reboting the BE server and still recieved the error. I am directing the backups to a different server, tried rebooting that, didnt work. 

I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are testing this product and I am still learning! Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

marcogsp
Level 6
In your \\servername\shared folder URL try substituting the IP address of the target server for the server name, i.e. \\192.168.104.1\sharename.  There is probably a DNS issue that is not allowing the server name to be resolved properly.