cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2P Conversion HyperV System Recovery 2011, 2013 I have some issues Help!

Nlopez10x
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I have a VM HyperV Win Serv 2008 Enterprise 32bits on a Host WinServ2008 Enterprise 64bits I need to install the VM on the Physical Server but I got some issues and need some Help.?

4 REPLIES 4

Nlopez10x
Level 2
Partner Accredited

First I have installed SSR2011 on HyperV with Win Serv 2008 Ent and I made a Backup of this VM and i tried to restore on the host server Hp ML350 G6 the Restore happen with out issues, but when tried to start the SO I got Bootmgr is missing. I tried to fix it making a copy of this archive from a Microsoft installer CD but i could not do it bc i had a mistakes about I  writte on C:\,  I found in other places of Microsoft forums that can you fix this issue by Windows Repair Tool includen in the installation kit y Run some of this Utiltes and I Fix it finally Windows Start and there were a message about Windows is Seting Up and the next message was Showed Windows can't fix boot Problems and it can't continiue...... 

That was my sad story :( i have spended 3 days looking for documentation, steps and comments but there were nothing .......

Nlopez10x
Level 2
Partner Accredited
And I also restart with Recovery Disk and selec VHD file and I tried to recover it in a Physical Server but there was a error when It´s restart the Physical machine can't restart well there was and error about error disk.

I was installed the Raid  controler before..... i don't know what is going on'

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/bootloader-missing-after-restore-using-besr-2010

Nlopez10x
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Thank you Markus

I tried to recover mo windows system (WinSrv200832bitsEnt) with windows installer disk with win 7 y winserv2008 but  i could not  I think that is the steps there are some settings  tha I have to do but i don't know, there are information in Page 238 form User Manual of SSR that show that you can select with SDR the VHD file like a Recovery Point and turn to Physical but I tried it and ir did not work I have readed some commen its about make this conversion in  Backup Exec 2012 but is not totaly documented  the solution, I also tried to Backup inside VM installing SSR y tried to recover to Physical Server  but I could not do it  ..... I am  sad about it  ... Can somebody do it ?