cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2iSR.exe Application Error - help

JWK
Level 4

We get the error message when using BackupExec 7.0 to select the appropriate files with the selected restore point:

V2iSR.exe Application Error

The unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x009a52c2.  Click OK to terminate program.

This dataset had just been successfully created five minutes before we attempted the restore.

Have anyone seen this message before and if so what does it mean?

5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Are you restoring the recovery point while in Windows, or after booting to the Symantec Recovery Disk?  If you are restoring the recovery point from the Symantec Recovery Disk, what happens if you reboot and try the process again?

This error may not indicate a problem with the recovery point, but likley indicates the v2isr.exe application encountered an unexpected error.

Thanks.

jepoy
Not applicable
Hi

I'm encountering the same error also. What will be our workaround for this? Do you think that we need to create a new SRD? I also try restarting the machine but still encounters the same error.

Please help...

Thanks

Jepoy

Message Edited by jepoy on 12-19-2007 03:07 AM

jmlorick
Not applicable
Hello,

I am getting this same error message but in Ghost v14 when I attempt to recover a computer running Windows Vista Business from a recovery point.  Regardless of what  Recovery point I select to restore, the process will start and this error will be generated between 50%  to 99% of comepletion. The pc dosen't lock up and the status bar stops moving at this point. I really need a solution ASAP.  I have used Ghost since its inception and swear by it up until this version was released.  I am extremly disappointed with this version of the product.  Is it the version of Ghost or Windows Vista causing this isssue?  The exact error reads as follows:

V2iSR.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0x000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x00a2ebd2.
Click on OK to terminate the program

Sukram
Not applicable

I had the same error.

in the srd is a driver for intel ihcr9, and i think it is for my system the wrong one

So i added the Drivers from the Windowsinstallation ( F6) when creating my personal srd, and now everthing works.

sorry for my bad english

nr

Markus

rtc31455
Not applicable
I have the same error. Is there a solution?

I am using a Lenovo T61 with Vista Ultimate and Ghost v14. Backing up to a Western Digital MyBook with 1TB of capacity.