cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not Acronis True Image rather than BESR?

chthao
Level 2
Just wondering why those of you who've had experience with both BESR and Acronis True Image decided to use BESR (or regret it)?

So far, my gut feeling from researching on BESR is that it doesn't work well, and support is terrible.  But, it's cheaper.

Acronis seems to be a little smoother especially during the restore process and support is significantly better.  However, it's pricier especially with the separate subscription fees and additional costs for the Universal Restore.

Any similar or different opinions?  Please share.
2 REPLIES 2

ANONYM0US
Level 4
Ultrabac is another option. Worked as well as BESR in our testing. A little more expensive, but the support is very good.

Luc_Wuyts
Level 3
I did test acronis some months ago on a SBS server, and a full image restore was extremely slow.
I retried this with SBE on the same machine, and a full restore was fast.

I do like the symantec product.  I'm using it on my clients desktop and servers since it was called "disk image" and was owned by PowerQuest.

I don't like Symantec support.
I don't even like the folluwup on this forum.  You would expect some kind of follow up messages when you report an important bug.  There was a few messages (and a few private ones), but no message since my last post.
Read this thread:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=111&message.id=1576

Appart from a private message stating they found a way to reproduce this, i never received a message stating the problem is resolved.

Today i accidentaly found out there was another update for the product.

I was browsing this board hoping to find out what problem this update solved.  I think the problem in the thread above is very important, and would expect some kind of message about it..

However, I still like the product - and knowing some option doesn't work, is better than not knowing if it works at all.

So i did recomend it (and sell it) to new customers since finding this bug