cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec system recovery and backup exec 2010

philippos
Not applicable

Hi everybody!

in februrar 2010 we had successfully installed and configured a win 2008 sbs server in which we had installed backup exec 2010. We this program we had scheduled daily and weeky backup of all user datas, the backup of the oracle dbase dump, and the backup of exchange 2007 sp1.

Now we had installed the backup exec system recovery.

We had created a scheduled incremental image backup of c:\ drive (operating system), and the  e:\ drive  (oracle database server); in f:\ drive we have got many folder (already backuped with backup exec 2010) and the exchange mailbox databases files.

Before starting the creation of image, a batch file stop the oracle database, and after the imaging another job start the db again.

The sysmtec backup exec system recovery is scheduled to run once a week on saturday on 2.00 am; everyday from monday to friday is scheduled a backup exec 2010 backup on tape ....

So in order to recover the server in event of total disaster, after restore the operating system disc, and the oracle dbase, what shall i do to restore exchange to the last backup situation? should i restore the datas on tape after restoring image to get the most up-to-date situation? what shall i do in order to restore exchange?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2

Ayush
Level 4

IF the Image is the most recent backup then you don't need to restore using backup exec 2010.

If your system crashed on Friday after Backup exec 2010 Backup and before next image Backup using BESR then recover system using BESR image that you created last saturday and restore most recent backup done using backup exec 2010.

:)

Cheers!

Ayush
Level 4

If my post did answer your query, mark this as a solution.