cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator - Excluding External E-mail Addresses from Search Results (End User Question)

Old_Dog_New_Tri
Level 3

For Compliance Accelerator (CA), when a search is run, I often end up with 30-40% of the review set being from a few e-mail news groups. 

While I don't want to block them as spam/junk mail from the employee mailboxes, is there a way to identify to CA specific addresses which are to be excluded from the search and resulting review set? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The CA Reviewers guide for that version says this:

An address or display name preceded by a hyphen and enclosed in quotation marks, such as "-john.doe@example.com". Use this form to exclude the address from the search. 

You could try that.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

What version of CA are you using?  

Old_Dog_New_Tri
Level 3

Sorry for the delay.

Version information:
-          Enterprise Vault: 7.5 SP4 (file version: 7.5.4.2534).
-          Compliance Accelerator: 2007 (7.5 SP4 revision 004)

Thanks

TonySterling

The CA Reviewers guide for that version says this:

An address or display name preceded by a hyphen and enclosed in quotation marks, such as "-john.doe@example.com". Use this form to exclude the address from the search. 

You could try that.

Cheers,

Old_Dog_New_Tri
Level 3

Not sure...

What we are trying to do is only search e-mail that goes to, or comes from an external source (i.e., external inbound, external outbound).

As such under "Authors and Recipients" I am selecting "Inbound","Outbound", and then "internal/external" rather than "Other Departments".  (As soon as you select "internal/external", the free form boxes go away.) Then I am selecting "External to Organization".

In reading the guide, I am under the impression that "Other Departments" limits you to internal only. Am I wrong on that?

Thanks

TonySterling

I don't believe it will limit unless you are using Dept. Partitions. I would give it a quick test to verify, but I think it will work.

Regards,