cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling Connector not working at all...

GianniCool
Level 6
Partner

Hello EV Gurus,

I have a client that is running EV 8.0 Sp2, and his journaling connector has never worked.  I had him take out the reg entry to "disable Journalling Connector", so it should be enabled.  He has it set up to capture 100%, but picks up nothing.  I gave him the white page # 322257 http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/322257.htm, but he stated that he has already tried this.

Please help!

Thanks!
-John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Steps are in the Installing guide for CA.  Should be similar to this:

To install the Journaling Connector

1 Start the Journaling Connector installation program (Symantec Enterprise Vault Journal Connector.msi).

2 Follow the on-screen instructions, which prompt you to submit information at several points.

Choose to install the Journaling Connector for Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino (or both).

Specify the required Compliance Accelerator server and configuration database.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
would suggest creating a support case, considering you have your own compliance at risk at the moment
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GianniCool
Level 6
Partner

No, it's just a test environment.  I really don't want to open a case if you folks have suggestions.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Possibly a silly question, but is the JC definitely starting when the Journal Task starts? You should have an information message in the event log which says that it is starting immediately after the Journal Task startup message. Also, do you get any errors or warnings in the logs?

GianniCool
Level 6
Partner

Checking on that now...Thanks!

GianniCool
Level 6
Partner

OK, this is what my client wrote to me:

Is this applicable to V8 SP2, I provided you the incorrct information.  I cannot find the file journaltask.exe.config

Seems like this wasn't even installed.  Are there steps to installing this?

Thanks!

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Steps are in the Installing guide for CA.  Should be similar to this:

To install the Journaling Connector

1 Start the Journaling Connector installation program (Symantec Enterprise Vault Journal Connector.msi).

2 Follow the on-screen instructions, which prompt you to submit information at several points.

Choose to install the Journaling Connector for Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino (or both).

Specify the required Compliance Accelerator server and configuration database.