cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied to the shared folder in Windows server 2008.

Sam622
Level 2
I have a problem to backup the shared folder in Windows server 2008 connecting via remote agent from the media server which is windows server 2003 64 bit and runs BE 12.5.
It says "access is denied" on Resource Credentials Test on the shared folder and the backup exec admin account is locked out.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-Sam
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Does the BESA have rights to and on the share?

if you logon to the media server as the BESA, can you map and attach to the share?

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
I don't think its possible to backup a shared folder. If you want to back it up you need to select it inside the local drive where it resides.

Sam622
Level 2
Yes, BESA has domain admin rights and has access to the shared folder and I can map and attach to the shared folder with BESA login.
Even though I changed a logon account from BESA to domain administrator for resource credential test, I got the same results "access is denied" and administrator's account is also locked out.
I used to back up other servers by selecting shared folders and I think selecting shared folder is faster than selecting folders in the local drive.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

student1363
Level 2
hi

it is my problem too.I can not backup my server 2008 AD, access denied error.
my account that I use for backup is member of administrators group,and i can open share folders of my server,just problem with symantec.
remote agent is installed and all firewalls are off.
i hope i can find solution for this.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
With regards the problem make sure that bioth the BESA and the account used in the selection klist are full doamin admins and make sure no group policies exist that might inhibit the security for that account.

Also make sure UAC is disabled on the 2008 server

With regards choosing the share versys choosing the drive letter - there should be no difference in performance as both will use the remote agent if found on the system, however I have a feeling that the recommended practice is to use the drive letters

student1363
Level 2
thanks,I checked everything that you say,but not success.
I disabled UAC too.
It's strange for me,why I can't fix it,what is wrong?it must not be so difficult,but i don't understand where of my work isn't right?