cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 - Cannot restore from Duplicate data automatically in job

drmont1
Level 3

BE 2012 SP3. Need to be able to automatically restore at a pre-determined time data that is on a Media server that is a duplicate of the original data on another Media server (in another site). Don't see a way to do this...when doing a restore I can only restore data from the original media server, not the duplicate. What is the purpose of performing a "Duplicate" job if I cannot restore the Duplicate data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) There is no way to do an automatic restore whether it is from an original or a duplicate.

2) Did you do catalog the duplicate at the remote server?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) There is no way to do an automatic restore whether it is from an original or a duplicate.

2) Did you do catalog the duplicate at the remote server?

drmont1
Level 3

1) OK on automatic (is there a way to manually script an automatic restore - automatic restores are important for Disaster Recovery...and I thought there used to be a way to do this in 2010)

2) Yes - but when I go to do the restore it doesn't ask me "where" the restore will come from...so how do you force a restore to pull from the duplicate data set...do you highlight the Duplicate job and click "Restore"?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. No. There has never been a way do do automatic restores, either from the console or through scripting 2. when you select the server for restore you will be presented with all the backup sets including the duplicates. You can choose which backup set to use

drmont1
Level 3

Take a look at this - why could task scheduler in Windows be used to run a Powershell command that restores? Is there no way to do it even in the PS commands mentioned in this article I found?

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Managing-Symantec-Backup-cb9868fe

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BEMCLI does not support restores

drmont1
Level 3

Ahhh!!!!