cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 Remote Agent installation error 1603

bruzmuse
Level 3

I'm attempting to install a BE 12.5 agent on to a brand new server that has never been backed up or had any Symantec products installed on it. 

When I attempt to install a remote agent on the server soon after I start the installation is fails with "A fatal error occurred during installation on server XXXXX.

ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603.

The server is running MS Server 2003 x64 R2 SP2.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, is there a fix?

3 REPLIES 3

FSNTECH
Level 2
I am experiencing the same issue on a Windows 2008 Standard 64 bit server which currently is running the remote agent for version 11d. I am trying to upgrade the remote agent to version 12.5 on this server. What is the fix for this issue?  I have installed the remote agent for version 12.5 on other servers without a problem.

bruzmuse
Level 3
I'm not sure what the problem is or what the fix is but I was able to copy the RAWS32 and RAWS64 folders over and do the installs from a command prompt.  If you search on the 1603 under 11d there are instructions.  I will know tonight if my backup is successful and I will post it here.

pfx82
Level 4

The 12.0 and 12.5 agents require MSXML 6.0 parser to be installed.

Instal the parser first, then run the local install as suggested by the previous poster.