cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12.5 failed backup error code - E000fe3c

RVFBret
Not applicable
Hi,

I am getting the following error code when we are trying to backup exchange 2003:

Before you can backup the resource (\\exchange.domainname.com\Microsoft Information store\First storage group), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate backup exec agent.

However, when I log into the licensing site, I see that I dont need a license key:

• The serial number you entered does not require a key. You may continue registering this license but you will not receive a license key.

• This license can be registered with other licenses for this product. If you would like to register multiple licenses for this product, please enter the serial number and click the 'Add' button.

I just took over the backup server yesterday, so I am trying to clear-up the backup problems.

Thanks in advance,

Bret
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

To use any agents, you need a license key. That means SQL, Lotus Notes, Exchange, Active Directory etc. all need to be licensed.
You can use a trial license for 60 days while you apply for a legal license, so I would suggest the following:

1. Go into your licensing wizard in BEWS, and select the option for Exchange. This will give you a 60-day trial.
2. Contact someone at Symantec to buy, and send you the license key. Once you receive it, put this into BEWS through the licensing wizard again.

The easiest way to verify you have the license installed is to: Help --> About --> License Information. It will show Agent for Microsoft Exchange - Licensed: Yes - Installed: Yes/No.
If No, you don't have a license key, and the next thing to check is the last column stating: Trial. If that shows Day 60 of 60, you won't be able to use the trial anymore...and you will need a proper license key.

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Hi,

To use any agents, you need a license key. That means SQL, Lotus Notes, Exchange, Active Directory etc. all need to be licensed.
You can use a trial license for 60 days while you apply for a legal license, so I would suggest the following:

1. Go into your licensing wizard in BEWS, and select the option for Exchange. This will give you a 60-day trial.
2. Contact someone at Symantec to buy, and send you the license key. Once you receive it, put this into BEWS through the licensing wizard again.

The easiest way to verify you have the license installed is to: Help --> About --> License Information. It will show Agent for Microsoft Exchange - Licensed: Yes - Installed: Yes/No.
If No, you don't have a license key, and the next thing to check is the last column stating: Trial. If that shows Day 60 of 60, you won't be able to use the trial anymore...and you will need a proper license key.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi there,

Any news? Has this helped?

CraigV
Any news here...?