cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Backup Linux Mount Point

Steve_Mullenix
Level 4
I'm running BE 10 on a Win2K3 server and trying to backup a SuSE 9.2 server. I can backup my other linux boxes fine but this one in particular seems to have an issue with the mount points. A RAID is mounted as '/backups' but I can only see files in BE. I can not see any of the sub folders in this mount point. Any ideas?

I have tried both the old agent and the new one.

Thanks,
SM
4 REPLIES 4

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

SuSE 9.2 version is not listed and supported with Backup exec 10.0 version Hence the performance cannot be guaranteed.

You may refer the link below,
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm

Steve_Mullenix
Level 4
On supported versions, can Veritas handle a mount point for a local RAID? If so, what steps are necessary to see it?

If it is mounted as '/' its fine. If it is mounted as '/backups' it breaks. If I unmount it then it can see the blank directory without error.

If I can not demonstrate this ability to my customer then I can't sell them your product and they will go elsewhere. Please help.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

As this version is not tested, we cannot guarantee the functionality. Also any errors arising due to change in configuration cannot be known.

However you may try selecting the option "Follow local mount points" and "Follow remote mount points" and verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.