cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Windows System Agents needed to purchase for backing up Servers ??

Harri_Rongas
Level 3
Hello !!

We have more than two Windows servers to backup but during upgrade from 11D to 12 we got only 2 SYMANTEC BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR WINDOWS SYSTEMS 12.0 WIN STD LIC upgraded to BE12 licences. Actually we have 19 Agent licences for BE11d but I did not get any upgrade notification for those.

Have licensing changed so that we need only 1 or 2 Agent for Windows Systems to backup all our Windows servers ?

Regards;

Harri
4 REPLIES 4

RahulM
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Please contact customer care or the licensing department and they should be able to sort it out in no time.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The licensing has not changed. If you bought some of your remote agent licenses at different times, the upgrade notifications may come through at different times.

NicholasC
Level 4
With Backup Exec, only the licenses that had current and properly linked support contracts at the release of version 12, 18-FEB-2008, can be upgraded.

Activation keys can be for more than 1 licenses, you would not necessarily have 19 keys.

If you had a support contract on all 19 BE11D AWS agent licenses, they were/are current at the release of 12, and you have not had any gaps in your support coverage, then you should be able to upgrade them to version 12 based on those assumptions

I have spoken with many customers, and the most common reasons they did not receive their version upgrade notifications was: Their spam filter caught the upgrade notification, there is no email listed, or and incorrect email {misspell or no longer valid} address is listed

If you believe you should be able to upgrade all your Backup Exec licenses, but did not receive upgrade keys, contact your regional customer care department: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

Harri_Rongas
Level 3
Thanks for your answers, I got license certificate from Licencing by submitting case to your support.

Regards;

Harri