cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform tape replacement using BE2012

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi all,

I have a HP 1/8 G2 LTO-5 3000 SAS Autoloader to perform data backup to tape from a server running Windows 2008 R2. The server was installed with Symantec Backup Exec 2012 and linked to the autoloader. I want to know exactly what needs to be done on the BE2012 when I need to replace the tape cartridges in the autoloader. I know how to remove the magazine to replace the tape cartridge but I wasn't exactly sure what needs to be done on the BE2012.

Someone please enlighten me. Thanks.

Regards,
Qingyan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After you replaced the tapes in the library, you need to do an inventory of the whole library

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After you replaced the tapes in the library, you need to do an inventory of the whole library

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi pkh,

So that means I just have to manually remove those old tapes and replace with new tapes. Then using BE2012, do an inventory of the Robotic library will do?

I have created eight robotic library slots for the tapes with the last slot for the cleaning tape. So if I just replace and after that do an inventory of the library, will it affect and of the slots or the daily schedule jobs that was configured on those slots?

Regards,
Qingyan

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No. Your jobs will not be affected. The inventory is to give BE the latest status of the library, which tape is in which slot.

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi pkh,

Can I replace any tape cartridges of different kind (brand, file capacity) in the tape drive just that it have to be support by the tape drive (LTO-5)?

Regards,
Qingyan