cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of old Resources

Robert_Koss
Level 4
When you go into Restore and do a new restore and you click on View by Resources you will see all of the resources (servers/workstation) you ever performed a restore or backup.  I would like to remove the old servers from this list as they are no longer available for a long time.  In fact, I don't even have any backups available from those servers any longer.  Is there any way to remove them from the "All Resources" list?
6 REPLIES 6

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
This might be because you still have the catalog files for the backups. If so, then pruning your catalogs should clean up the old entries.
Go in to Tools, Options, Catalog.
Ensure the Truncate catalogs after option is ticked, and choose a sensible time period.
Note that the catalogs won't actually be truncated until your overnight database maintenance has run.

Robert_Koss
Level 4
I thought that was ticked and it is.  The date is set to 20 Days.  I will go ahead an uncheck it and save it then go ahead and recheck it and save it and see if the next time it runs that they go away.  FYI: they are all older than 20 days.

Robert_Koss
Level 4
This is the current path:  D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs
Catalog drive is D:
Catalog path: \Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs

I see in that directory there are directorys called "ServerName" and incompatible and about 6 files and they are tmp and SM file types.  The ones in the Servername directory are IMG file types and there are over 1,600 of these files.  So is my path incorrect listed above?

Robert_Koss
Level 4

The maintenance plan has executed after un-checking and rechecking the box and still those old resources remain.

Thomas_Mackey
Level 4

reusing or retire+delete the tapes that contain the data from the old resources is one way to clear the old server/workstations references.

Robert_Koss
Level 4
That worked.  Thanks.