cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Job --> Want to delete items/machines on view by resource.

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hello,

Is there a way to delete the appearance of obsolete machines on the 'View by Resource' tab by doing  a restore job?
Thx!

WoCom
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If they've been backed up to that tape, I doubt it. That's what was on the selection list at that point in time.
If you want to delete it from your selection list now, that is possible. You can deselect them from your user defined selections, and also remember to remove the inclusions/exclusions from your View Selection Details section.

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I think you didn't understand my question.  I'm not talking about selection list.  I'm talking about doing a restore job - Selections, Tab View by Resource.
Underneath 'All Resources' you see all the servers you ever backupped.  If there are server that you do not exist anymore, how can you delete them from this list?

thx!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as any media in the catalog were backed up from that resource/server, I don't think there is any way to remove them from the Restore Selection list

Once the last media that references one of these resources is reused, they should disappear

Osborne
Level 4
Old resources will disappear if you erase the media that contains the backup of the old resource.

Regards

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
If you dont want old machines to appear in selection list and do not wish to erase the data on tape
Go to media tab Right click on the tape (that has old data)>> associate with media set>>retired media

After the tape is assigned to retired media click on retired media and again right click on that tape and click delete

This is preserve data on tape but delete catalog entries of the tape from backup exec database