cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Netware 9.2 and B2D

kemod
Not applicable
I'm trying to upgrade from Backup Exec for Netware 9.2 to BE Windows 12.5 because of EOL on 9.2. I use backup to disk. I'm wanting to inventory and catalog my old b2d files (not bkf) on my new server, but I can't find any information on how to do this. BE12 doesn't recognize the b2d files when trying to inventory them. If I change the extension to bkf, they'll inventory, but a catalog operation starts and returns successful immediately without anything happening. Is this even possible or am I stuck with both versions until my backups are no longer needed?

Thanks for any help.
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Unfortunately the Backup Exec for NetWare B2D files are a totally different format from the Backup Exec for Windows BKF version (which are based on an MTF format similar to Windows NT Backup) I don't know Backup Exec for NetWare that well but if you can duplicate the B2D files on the NetWare server to tape, you might be able to Catalog them on the Windows Media Server to save having to keep you Backup Exec for NetWare environment running.