cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server

should
Level 2

media server version   13.0 Rev.  4164 (64 bit)

I have a selection list with user-defined selections which are CIFS shares on a Netapp system.    When I create the selection list I have tested that the credentials used are OK,  the service account used can access all NTFS filesystems.   So we know credentials are OK.

When I start a job,  as it goes through the user-defined selections at one point it will fail with a e000fe29 error.   For example if I have 8 user-defined selections, I may be able to backup the the first few of them and then I get errors for the rest.    I know it has nothing to do with the selections themselves as if I change the order and start with selections that had e000fe29 errors they will all of sudden start working and vice-versa.   I have tried different devices (backup-to-disk and deduplication storage folder) to the same results.   Each jobs amount for roughly 1.5-2 TB of data.

This is making it impossible to do a baseline backup.   Does anybody have a suggestion ?

2 REPLIES 2

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

I guess it is failing on a particular CIF share. Are you able to expand and access all of them in the selection list?

should
Level 2

It is not failing on 1 specific CIFS share.   Using the service account I can login and access all files on all the CIFS shares in the selection list, so we can rule this out as a possible cause.   At one attempt at the job I may get an authentication failed on one selection and then on the second attempt it will work.   Shuffling around the resource order I as able to test all the selections.