cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA custodian issue after 8.0 upgrade

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello,

We just upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0 and when we attempt to add a user to the custodians or in address manager we get an error that the user exists but we cannot find them anywhere, I am guessing that they were part of older cases prior to upgrading. Support stated that we would have to remove and re-add all of the users that would be added to new cases. That just seems like a mess, I cannot imagine companies with thousands of custodians having to do this. I am hoping that there is another option or some type of sync or another solution that someone might have?

Thanks,

Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One work around I could think of is this.  Create a new customer database in EV 8 and leave the existing database for the current cases.  For new cases create them in the new Customer database. 

Otherwise I think you will have to see if support can come up with a fix.  They would probably want you on at least version 9 though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

So does anything show in Address Manager?

Can you view Custodians in the CM web page?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Did you upgraded your custodian database? Did you try to sync the custodian in the customdian manager web ?

David_Johnson1
Not applicable

There are no custodians in version 7.5 only targets. To use Custodians in version 8, you will need to create a Custodian Manager database. Does this database exist in SQL? A screenshot of the error and/or a view of the Custodian Manager webpage/ Custodians would be helpful

Vikes_2
Level 6

So here is what I see. I used myself for a test. I have a test case where there are no custodians listed. I attempted to add myself in both address manager and the custodians tab on the main page of the DA client and in both cases I get the error: "The display name already exists". So since my display name exists in address manager from an old case I cannot add it. I can add it on the custodian manager web page but then when I try to filter custodians within the case I do not see it. It sounds like I need to delete it from the old case\cases, but what a mess that is. One thing that concerns me about that is we have many custodians that are part of several cases that are each owned and managed by different members of the legal team so how do you manage deleteing the old entries to get a new one added? I understand using a single point of reference for custodians but why would you limit custodian access becasue they were part of an old case? The only way that I have been able to get an existing custodain added to a new case is to adjust the display name to lastname,firstname. Then it will take it within the case. As I had mentioned earlier, I have limited time with DA since it changed from the old 7.5 web version so I appreciate everyones comments in an effort to helping me with this.

Regards,

Travis

TonySterling

One work around I could think of is this.  Create a new customer database in EV 8 and leave the existing database for the current cases.  For new cases create them in the new Customer database. 

Otherwise I think you will have to see if support can come up with a fix.  They would probably want you on at least version 9 though.

Vikes_2
Level 6

Thanks Tony,

I guess that would work having the all new cases in a new customer. Let me look into that to see how much push back I might get.

Thanks,

Travis