cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in DA 8.4

Sortid
Level 6

Hi,

I have installed Ev8 SP4 in a test environment with Discovery Accelerator 8.4 (upgraded from EV 2007 SP6).  Was working fine until I created a new vault store using SIS.  I now cannot get a preview of messages in the search results display.  The error is:

"Cannot retrieve item. Report this error to your administrator.  Problem with object properties. Property: Id Reason: The vaule of this property is not vaild"

Also generates eventlog id: 375

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Accelerator Service Processor
Event Category: None
Event ID: 375
Date:  23/11/2010
Time:  10:11:12 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: DVEServer
Description:
APP AS - Customer ID: 7 - An Error has occured when retrieving Item
SaveSetID: 201011220466941~201011222301470000~Z~F081890C201ED87333CA18C2BC4524B1
VaultID: 10B46FD6F930FA94EB0ECF6D83FA0F3881110000dveevsite1
Format: XML
sAttachmentID: 0.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040304): Problem with object properties.
Property: Id
Reason: The value of this property is not valid.
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.IItem.set_Id(String pVal)
   at KVS.Common.VaultItem.Item.CallEcmAPI(String sSaveSetID, String sVaultID, String sAttachmentID, String sFormat)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

-----

This is the case for both items in the new vault store and users still in the old vault store.

I can open the actual items withourt issue, I just cannot get a preview. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are both on one machice? 

What is the OS? 

Is the Firewall and UAC disabled?

Sortid
Level 6

DA is running on it's own server, but they share a DB server.  It's Windows 2003 R2 SP2.

No firewall or UAC enabled.

Thanks.

TonySterling

So did you upgrade the EV version on the DA Server?  You can use the Runtime API for the same version of EV you are running.

Sortid
Level 6

Yes, I upgraded to 8 SP4 on the DA server and it was working for a period of time.  Then I created a new Vault Store in EV and it stopped working - that's the only thing that has changed in the environment.

TonySterling

I see, weird one!  Could you grab a dtrace of the AcceleratorService on the DA server while generating the error?  Attach that to a post and we can take a look.

Sortid
Level 6

I ran a dtrace on AcceleratorService (verbose, not including events) during a search and attempts to preview the results, but it produced an empty dtrace log.  Is that normal?