cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added additional Exchange 2010 database

Blackfoottech
Level 4

Hello,

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server with Exchange 2010 standard and a single mailbox database on it.  I have another Windows 2008 R2 server with Enterprise Vault  for Exchange v10.  I am journaling and archiving the email on the Exchange server successfully.

I now need to add a second Exchange database but I am stumped on how to journal and archive this second database.  I moved my mailbox to the new database and verified that journaling wasn't picking up my emails.  I see that there can only be one archvie task per server so I'm a little stumped on how to make this work.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The super simple way I do it in my labs is

Two databases on exch1.mydomain.com
Two regular users with mailboxes, one called EVJournal-DB1 and EVJournal-DB2
Then i have a Journal Task targeting Exch1.myDomain.com

Then under Targets -> Exchange -> myDomain -> exch1 -> Journals, I add "EV-JournalDB1" and "EV-JournalDB2", which are both handled by the Exchange Journal Task for Exch1

And that really is about it
as long as you have your databases set to journal to those mailboxes, and you target the journal mailbox in the VAC under Targets, thats all you need to do

Obviously you can do other things like Premium journaling, where you can target specific users etc, but this is just the simplest way without additional licenses

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The super simple way I do it in my labs is

Two databases on exch1.mydomain.com
Two regular users with mailboxes, one called EVJournal-DB1 and EVJournal-DB2
Then i have a Journal Task targeting Exch1.myDomain.com

Then under Targets -> Exchange -> myDomain -> exch1 -> Journals, I add "EV-JournalDB1" and "EV-JournalDB2", which are both handled by the Exchange Journal Task for Exch1

And that really is about it
as long as you have your databases set to journal to those mailboxes, and you target the journal mailbox in the VAC under Targets, thats all you need to do

Obviously you can do other things like Premium journaling, where you can target specific users etc, but this is just the simplest way without additional licenses

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Blackfoottech
Level 4

Thank you!  I knew there had to be a simple way to do this.  I appreciate your response.