Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 MAC OS X client with Outlook 2011

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I am trying to use EV 10 MAC client with Outlook 2011 for MAC. I have installed the EV plugin and the login has been done properly and i can see the EV toolbar, also the seach vault functionality works fine and i can restore items using the EV webapp from Safari, however

1. When i try to restore an EV archived item using the restore icon on the EV toolbar , it says ' Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items'. I saw in another forum page where it says that the Shortcut Sync for mail clients should be on in the mailbox policy settings and then clear the folder cache (this is for entourage) and retry. Will try to see if this resolves the issue. Any other suggestions to resolve this issue,please post .
  2. When i change the desktop policy to include the 'Store in Archive' vault icon on the toolbar(initially i had enabled only restore and search vault) and then synchronize the mailbox and then check it on the MAC box, there is no change in the EV client and i do not see the additional vault store icon. Somehow the changes are not getting synchronized on the MAC outlook client?
  3. Also how can i uninstall EV plugin from MAC if i wanted to do so?  

The MAC OS X version being used is 10.6.7.

Thanks,

Majid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Majid,

1.) Please see the following TechNote, I believe you will need to register the user as a MAC user and rebuild their shortcuts for this to work correctly: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157485

2.) Still looking into this for you; are you able to successfully synchronize the users mailbox from the VAC? Are you sure you are modifying the correct Desktop Policy?

3.) These steps should allow you to delete the add-in:

-  Go into the Preferences Manager, right click (or Command-Click on a single button mouse) and select 'Remove.'  This will remove the preferences icon.

-  Browse to Library > Application Support and drag the Symantec Enterprise Vault folder to the Trash.

-  Go into the Activity Monitor and quit both of the Enterprise Vault processes you find there.

This does not require a reboot to take effect.

Hope these help!

-Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Alleman
Level 4

Hi Majid,

1.) Please see the following TechNote, I believe you will need to register the user as a MAC user and rebuild their shortcuts for this to work correctly: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH157485

2.) Still looking into this for you; are you able to successfully synchronize the users mailbox from the VAC? Are you sure you are modifying the correct Desktop Policy?

3.) These steps should allow you to delete the add-in:

-  Go into the Preferences Manager, right click (or Command-Click on a single button mouse) and select 'Remove.'  This will remove the preferences icon.

-  Browse to Library > Application Support and drag the Symantec Enterprise Vault folder to the Trash.

-  Go into the Activity Monitor and quit both of the Enterprise Vault processes you find there.

This does not require a reboot to take effect.

Hope these help!

-Chris

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the response Chris, I will be trying the first suggestion on thursday ( i am not in office tomorrow) and post the results. Regarding the second point, yes i am modifying the correct desktop policy as i can see the effect of the change for other users in Microsoft outlook on windows. Regarding the third point i tried this same procedure but the two EV processes do not quit, i kill them and they come back again. I have noticed that the parent process for them is the launchd process for the user and when i kill this process , the EV processes disappear but MAC stops working and i have to restart it.

Thanks for your time and effort chris.

Regards,

Majid.  

Chris_Alleman
Level 4

Thank you for the update Majid,

I was able to test the second issue with no problems; I did the following:

1.) Changed the Desktop Policy and synch'd the user

2.) Force-Quit Outlook 2011

3.) Reopened Outlook and logged back into the tool bar and the "Store" button was no longer visible

4.) Ran through the steps again to enable the "Store" button and it was was now visible in Outlook

Interesting that the uninstall proceedure did not work; I was able to test that successfully as well on my 10.6.8 lab.  If you are not able to get that working you may want to open a ticket with EV Support to further troubleshoot that issue.

-Chris

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

1) Delete the EVANon website in IIS and rerun the script with a new normal user. Rerun the OWA web plugins on CAS servers. 2) Check the authentication used for OWA and if IWA is used configure constrained delegation. Thanks for the link chris, followed it and it worked like a charm. For MAC user i enabled a seperate mailbox policy where i enabled the banner and link to the archived item, recreated the shortcuts for the MAC user using the RestoreShortcutBody key and i was able to see the archived items, view them, restore and store items on the MAC client. Regarding the second point I did the same steps what you have mentioned, but i was not able to see the changes. Now the interesting point here is that yesterday when i was working on it to test it, the plugins were now showing the store button, so the change actually got synchronized after some time, i dont know maybe a day or something. I have changed the desktop policy again to remove the store button and i have synchd the users and the changes were imediate on Outlook clients but again the MAC client still has the store button visible (restarted the MAC machine as well). So i have just left it and will check it after a day to see if it gets synchronized. Will update this thread with my results. Regards, Majid.

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The MAC Outlook client gets updated after a day and the changes do become visible on the EV plugins. will test it on another MAC client just to remove any doubts. Opened a support ticket. Thanks Chris for the help.

Regards,

Majid.