Did you mean: 

EV ribbon not showing - permission issues

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Scenario 1:
User A not enabled for archiving.
User B enabled for archiving.

User A have full permissions on user B mailbox via exchange permissions.

EV client installed on user A outlook, when he open outlook he gets the EV ribbon with search buttom only - and he can search user B archived items.

Scenario 2:
User A not enabled for archiving.
User B was enabled for archiving, left the company, mailbox archived fully, archive holds all of the user data.

User A have full permissions to users B archive.

EV client installed on user A outlook, when he open outlook he does not get the EV ribbon at all.

Dtrace shows:

26/08/2014 08:11:51.784[ 888][M]: FUI: Ribbon id requested:Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer
26/08/2014 08:11:51.786[ 888][H]: FUI: Not loading UI as action map is empty.  Is the user enabled?

What am I missing here? since when do I need to enable user A in order for him to be able to view a read only old archive?
How come he is not getting the search botton? I'm not looking to have vitrual vault as this will require him to be enabled via EV, but I assume he would get the basic of search like he would have had if user B still had a mailbox on exchange.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Found a bypass to this issue:

1. Adding the user that needs to see other EV to the EV enabled Provisioning Group

2. Running provisioning Task manually

3. Enable the user manually

4. Disable the user manually

5. Delete the User archive that was just created

6. Remove user from the provisioning group from step 1

7. Run provisioning task

I guess that once the user is in the SQL DB - it acts differently.

Now the user can see the EV search button in his outlook without having his mailbox archived.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Sarah,

In scenario #2, you said 'User B was enabled for archiving'. Thus, the mailbox is already disabled for archiving, is that correct? If that is the case, I think the EV Outlook Add-In won't show since there are no mailboxes enabled for archiving.

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Gabe,

User B was enabled for archiving, and one he left, his mailbox was archived fully, so after that - his AD user & mailbox were deleted.

So - I guess it was disabled by EV.

Is there a way to bypass that? 
The customer does not want to enable user A just so he can have the outlook ribbon with the search for user B archive.

I cannot enable user B again since there is no mailbox and AD user to attach it too...

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Sarah

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

In that scenario, the user will need to open a browser and go to Archive Explorer or EV search directly from the EV server, i.e. http://yourEVserver/EnterpriseVault/ArchiveExplorerUI.asp or search.asp. I can't test it right now, but you can try with the ArchiveExplorerBtnVisible reg key. Take a look at the registry values guide for the EV version you are running.

I hope this helps.

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I checked the archive name in SQL, and MbxArchivingState is set to 1, so basically the user archive is still enabled.

the user mailbox no longer exists, and so is the account in the active directory.

But, what I'm failing to understand, is why do I have to enable a user just so he can get the search button for viewing other archive, if he does not need to have an archive for himself.

Sarah

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Found a bypass to this issue:

1. Adding the user that needs to see other EV to the EV enabled Provisioning Group

2. Running provisioning Task manually

3. Enable the user manually

4. Disable the user manually

5. Delete the User archive that was just created

6. Remove user from the provisioning group from step 1

7. Run provisioning task

I guess that once the user is in the SQL DB - it acts differently.

Now the user can see the EV search button in his outlook without having his mailbox archived.